Thursday 18 September 2014

"Me Time";what ever I do , I decide and it is all about me!

You know when I started with the idea of having a blog, what I had in mind and still do is to create a ‘me time’ for ladies, a space where we can have the time to read or write or share things that we think will benefit our sisters out there, I wanted us to have that few minutes a day where we have the opportunity to learn from each other, to grow with each other and to just be…..a space where we can paint with our pen…..ask questions and stir up conversations(astonishing ones for that matter!) I called it cuddles and giggles because that was the picture I had in mind, that was what I saw, a place where love resonates and learning blooms, a place we build together adding what we need as we grow, a place where diversity speaks one language and that is the ‘me time’. A friend send the below good life issue to me and it reminded me of what my blog was all about…..I hope you enjoy reading it. Remember ladies get a ‘me time’ and don’t feel guilty about it, just be…..

The Good Life Issue 109

How much “me time” do you take every day? I’m not asking how much you get, but how much you take. Because, my friend, chances are you’re not taking enough, and you need to.

We can’t give to others when our own energy tank is depleted, right? Career, kids, relationships, home chores… it all adds up to a lot on everyone’s plate. We look longingly toward a few minutes or hours here and there of life without responsibilities and in the meantime, we become resentful and exhausted because we’re not pausing to refill our energy tanks.

Here’s how to make it possible to take “me time” every day so that you have what it takes to face the world:
  • ·         Say no. You have a right to say no.
  • ·         Let go (delegate). Someone else might do the job better, and love it.
  • ·         Ask for help. It’s okay. As much as you help, isn’t it your Turn?
  • ·         Stop being a perfectionist. Simply do your best.
  • ·         Don’t multitask. Do one thing at a time, do it right and move on. It’s more efficient.
  • ·         Prioritize.

That should open up some time for you. And now that you have time, how do you make a graceful escape? Just do it. Tell everyone you’re going to take 20 minutes to unplug from the world. The world isn’t going to come crashing down in 20 minutes. If you disappear for 20 minutes, people won’t panic. Get used to 20 minutes, every day, for YOU.

Make a quick exit and stick to your plan - NO chores, work, kids, spouse, house, pet, dinner… just you. If you’re married with kids, trade off “me time” with your spouse.

It’s easy to lose sight of the things that truly nourish and energize us. We feel guilty when we aren’t doing something - “I’m not being productive!” or doing less - “I’m being lazy!” But when did it become okay to keep driving hard, and never stop? Are you a cog in a machine, or a human being?

So… what do you “do” when you’re taking “me time”? Well, the short answer is, “whatever you want!” Here are some suggestions - but remember, it’s your life so don’t listen to me… do what YOU want:
  • ·         Be. DO nothing for a while. And don’t feel guilty about recharging your batteries!
  • ·         Exercise. Yes, exercise invigorates you!
  • ·         Do what you love. Passion and energy feed each other


Meditation is a fabulous “me time” treat. When you meditate every day, you energize your body, clear your head and let go of the guilt of “not doing.” It helps you prioritize and be okay with letting go of things, responsibilities, activities and even people that drain you.

When you think about letting go of things and people that drain you, you may worry about loss. It could be fear of losing a friend who might be hurt that you didn’t want to be in her book club; or losing the respect of your peers if you take a weekend off… but instead of focusing on that imaginary loss, what about focusing on what you will gain?

Picture your ideal lifestyle. What are the components of that lifestyle? I’m willing to bet they include some “me time.” So take that time now, energize yourself, and start making that ideal life a reality.

Have a great week,

Yours for HUGE success,

Michael Mackenzie
Project Meditation®

No comments:

Post a Comment